Bioinformatics in Drug Research
Students know the general techniques of drug research in the pharmaceutical industry. They are familiar with application of Bioinformatics software and are able to apply or develop appropriate software tools for drug discovery. They can use their skills as a Bioinformaticians in interdisciplinary teams.
- The process of drug research
- Bioinformatics tools for identification of new therapies
- Bioinformatics tools for drug design
- Bioinformatics tools for drug profiling
- Bioinformatics tools for clinical research
- Current developments
- Application of public domain tools and implementation of own software tools
Lecture 2 SWS, Practical Course 2 SWS
Examination prerequisite: Acceptance of exercises
Examination: Written exam
- Bioinformatics - From Genomes to Drugs: T. Lengauer (Editor), WileyVCH
- G. Klebe: Wirkstoffdesign, Spektrum Akademischer Verlag
- Horrobin, D. F. Modern biomedical research: an internally self-consistent universe with little contact with medical reality? Nat. Rev. Drug. Discov. 2, 151–154 (2003).
- Kubinyi, H. Drug research: myths, hype and reality. Nat. Rev. Drug. Discov. 2, 665–668 (2003).