Web Based Information Systems
The module provides a technical and methodical basis for web application development. This includes XML, HTML, Java Server Pages, and important architecture and design patterns.
- Basic knowledge of client-side and server-side web programming, including the relevant web standards (HTML, XML, ...).
- Fundamental understanding of basic web application architectures.
Ability to assess web application specification drafts
- Web programming basics: HTML, CSS, XML, DOM, client-side and server-side programming languages
- Basics of the web framework JEE
- Optional subjects: SOA, cryptography and web security, e-business
Duration in Semester
6 CrP; an estimated 180 hours, of which approximately 60 are spent in class.
Weekly School Hours
Method of Instruction
Lecture 2 SWS, practical course 2 SWS
Requirements for the awarding of Credit Points
Examination: Written exam
according to examination regulations (§ 9)
- H. Balzert: Basiswissen Web-Programmierung
- R. W. Sebesta: Programming the World Wide Web
Prerequisite for Modules
- Bioinformatics (B.Sc. 2012)
- Engineering Informatics (B.Sc. 2010)