Android: Application Development
The students know the basic structure of the Android platform and understand the component-oriented programming model to create their own applications. In addition, students have knowledge of current development tools and know how to use them. Furthermore, they are able to work and solve issues together in a team.
- Fundamentals of Android platform: system software stack, Dalvik VM and byte code, security aspects of applications (sandbox environment)
- Current development tools: Android Studio IDE and SDK tools
- Basics of Android programming model: components, such as Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers and their lifecycles, processes and threads, message mechanism with intent, user interface, resource and data management
- Another bases-platform APIs: Graphics, audio and video, network
Practical Course 4 SWS
Examination: Realization of project tasks, written report and exam.
according to examination regulations (§ 9)
- A. Becker, M. Pant Android 5: Programmieren für Smartphones und Tablets dpunkt.verlag
cs1013 Good Java skills