Students know important algorithms of Bioinformatics software. They are rendered capable to apply appropriate algorithms to biological questions and to implement them.
They are furthermore able to critically discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different implementations.
- Basic bioinformatics algorithms, such as dynamic programming, searching, pattern recognition, optimization, etc.
- Novel algorithms from current research.
- Application to practical questions.
- Application of public domain tools and implementation of own software tools.
Lecture 2 SWS, Practical Course 2 SWS
Examination prerequisite: Acceptance of exercises
Examination: Written exam
according to examination regulations (§ 9)
- N.C. Jones, P.A. Pevzner: An Introduction to Bioinformatics Algorithms The MIT Press
- R. Merkl und S. Waack: Bioinformatik interaktiv: Algorithmen und Praxis Wiley- VCH