Students have an in-depth, application-oriented knowledge on modern technologies for the realization of digital circuits and systems. They can use treated methods and tools for hardware design with a hardware description language. They are able to deal with the tasks of the practical and present the results within the team.
- Fundamental technologies and knowledge to build complex digital circuits and systems with programmable logic devices.
- HDL abstraction layers for modeling digital systems.
- Design methology, synthesis, implementation and simulation of digital circuits.
- Lab work: HDL design, simulation and implementation of typical computer components (e.g. arithmetic and control units).
Lecture 1 SWS, Practical Course 1 SWS
Examination: Individual lab project
- J. Reichardt, B.Schwarz VHDL-Synthese: Entwurf digitaler Schaltungen und Systeme Oldenbourgh
- P. Ashedenden The Designer's Guide to VHDL Morgan Kaufmann
- P. P. Chu FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples Wiley & Sons
- Engineering Informatics (B.Sc. 2010)