Ambient Intelligence and Assisting Systems
Students gain an overview of the latest technology trends and research results in the areas of Ambient Intelligence (AmI) / Smart Environments and technical assistance systems.
They know basic concepts of the realization of intelligent environments and can assess challenges of ensuring interoperability in such highly distributed systems. Relevant middleware solutions for the realization of intelligent environments are known to them.
They have a solid overview of the specific concepts of AmI systems such as context and location awareness.
They are able to describe and evaluate different paradigms of interaction in ambient intelligent environments.
Students are aware of recent developments and technology trends in application areas such as Industry 4.0, Smart Grid, Smart Home and Ambient Assisted Living.
They can plan, develop and implement own solutions based on embedded systems to solve given tasks within these application areas.
- Introduction to ambient intelligence, smart environments and technical assistance systems
- System architectures and components
- Middleware for intelligent environments
- Context-Awareness / Location-Awareness
- Human Environment Interaction
- Safety aspects
- "New Paradigms": Cyber-Physical Systems and the Internet of Things
- Application areas
- industry 4.0
- Smart Grid, Smart Home
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Practical experiences in the implementation of AmI systems based on single board computer and sensors / actuators suitable for application areas such as home automation or Ambient Assisted Living
Vorlesung 2 SWS, Praktikum 2 SWS
Formal examination: presentation and documentation of project results.
- H. Nakashima, H. Aghajan, J. C. Augusto (Eds.): Handbook of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, Springer,
- E. A. Lee, S. A. Seshia: Introduction to Embedded Systems - A CyberPhysical Systems Approach,
- aktuelle Normungen, Normungs-Roadmaps des DKE/VDE