Students know fundamental concepts and methods of linear algebra and can apply them. They have mastered the operations of vector algebra and their applications to linear geometry; they know the behaviour of the solutions of systems of linear equations and are able to compute the solutions; they can do basic calculations with matrices and determinants including finding eigenvalues and eigenvectors. They know applications in computer science.
For a lecture that requires a lot of preparation and follow-expenditure in addition to the attendance time, the students are able to organize in study groups independently.
- vector algebra
- linear geometry
- systems of linear equations
- matrices, determinants
- eigenvalues and eigenvectors
Lecture 2 SWS, exercises 2 SWS
Examination prerequisite: 2 accepted pieces of homework
Examination: Written exam
- G. Teschl, S. Teschl: Mathematik für Informatiker, Band 1 Springer-Verlag
- G. Strang: Lineare Algebra Springer-Verlag (englisch bei Wellesley-Cambridge Press)
- G. Schay; A Concise Introduction to Linear Algebra, Birkhäuser Verlag