Prep Course Chemistry
You must be logged in before you can register for a course. If you do not yet have an account, you must register for one.
Fundamental areas of general, anorganic and organic chemistry for technical and natural science based degree programs are discussed and und practical exercises help to ensure that discussed themes are learned.
- This course takes place at Campus Gießen daily between 9 am and 4 pm (with breaks).
- Course fees are 50€ (per course).
- Course fees must be paid in cash at the beginning of the course.
- Other payment methods (EC-Cards, credit cards, checks, wire transfers, …) cannot be accepted for organizational reasons.
- As a reciept, course participants will be given an identification badge and course materials. This badge should be carried on their person for the remainder of the course.
- The course groups and their respective rooms will be determined on the first day of the course or in the week before the course begins.
- Should the determination of groups/rooms be decided before the course starts, participants will be notified of the changes per email.
- The gorups are formed according to the students' departments and degree programs.
- Independent of the campus where you will be studying, you may take part in any/all preparatory courses of either campus. However only one course may be taken per week.
- Participation in the course requires that you register for the course on this webpage, as a consequence of this, and in order to send notification emails, registration to this site is also required.
- Deadline for registration is a week before the start of the course. Ensure your place by registering early!
Placement Test - Exercises
If you are unsure if you should participate in the course, take the placement test below.
- 1a. What is the material concentration in Mol per Liter, if 49 g H3PO4 are combined with water to create a 1 L solution?
1b. How many grams of Sodium Fluoride are contained in a 250 ml solution with a concentration of 0.5 mol/L?
- How many electrons does an ion of Sodium have in Sodium Chloride?
- Write the formulas for the following molecules:
- What is created by pouring together Hydrochloric Acid and Sodium Hydroxide?
- 5a. Which material is formed by burning Sulfer in the air?
5b. How does this change the oxidization state of the Sulfer?
Placement Test - Solutions
- a. 0.5 mol/L
b. 5.25 g
- a. H2SO4
- Sodium Chloride ande Water
- a. Sulfurdioxide
b. from 0 to +4
Contact Information for Preparatory Course Chemistry
0641 / 309-2394
General Contact Information for Preparatory Courses
Hans Christian Arlt
Central Studenr Counseling - Friedberg
06031 / 604-7777
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Central Studenr Counseling - Gießen
0641 / 309-7777
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Data Privacy Statement
Personal data is only used for the organization of the preparatory courses themselves and is not given to any third party entities. The data is stored on secured servers. After the completion of the preparatory course, personal data is deleted.