Are you studying at the Faculty of Health Sciences and would like to spend part of your studies abroad or are you generally interested in gaining intercultural experience? Then you have come to the right place! On these pages you will get first information about these topics.
In healthcare, people from all regions of the world work together, both in practice and in research. Through international and intercultural programs, you can...:
- ...strengthen your intercultural competence
- ...deepen your knowledge of foreign languages
- ...enrich your curriculum vitae
- ...meet new people
- ...develop your personality and strengthen your self-confidence
- ...broaden your horizon and open up new perspectives
- ...and much more!
What options are available at the Faculty of Health Sciences?
Various programs are offered that vary in intensity and duration. Further information can be found on the pages of the THM International Office.
- Study abroad : You spend one semester at a university in a European or non-European country and then continue your studies at the THM. What to consider during a semester abroad at the Faculty of Health Sciences is explained in more detail here (linked to 1.1 Semester abroad).
- Internship abroad : You spend your mandatory or a voluntary internship period in a company abroad.
- International Buddy Program: A buddy team consisting of "oldies" (THM students from the 2nd semester on) and "newcomers" (international students) meet regularly for peer exchange and support.
- Summer/Winter Schools: You spend a short time during the lecture-free period at a university abroad and take a course on a specific topic. Usually excursions and leisure activities are also offered. Currently, some programs also take place virtually.
- Language course: At the THM Language Center, you can take English or Spanish courses, for example, and improve your foreign language skills.