Because of the pandemic most appointments have taken place online over the course of the last three semesters. Starting this term we will increasingly begin to allow in-person attendance either with online accompaniment (online and in-person: hybrid) or completely in person. The following instructions describe how to participate in-person and administer in-person participation for appointments. Because of the regulations concerning hygiene and personal distance in public spaces the in-person portions of appointments, the in-person participation still occurs at drastically reduced numbers determined for the most part by the rooms in which the appointments take place.
Appointments which are labeled as online, take place in online platforms as in the previous semesters, and require no registration in on this site.
General rules regarding the registration for in-person participation:
- In order to participate in an in-person appointment, you must first register to participate. Please do not show up at any in-person appointments, for which you have not registered or could not register for.
- Registration for in-person participation is available at the soonest two days before the appointment. This ensures that everyone has an equal chance to get one of the limited spaces available.
- Should anything happen, that you are unable to participate in an appointment to which you have registered. Please remove your registration as soon as possible so that someon else can have the space you will not be using.
In order to bookmark, register to participate in appointments, or otherwise make use of your personal calendar, you must first log into the site with your THM username and password. The log in area is on the bottom left of the page (1).
After logging in registration may be performed at the Appointments of your department (2) (The registration function is only avaliable at Appointments menu items).
At the top of the list of appointments there is a toolbar (3) and a selection area (4). The toolbar (3) gives you controls for bookmarking and registering to participate in appointments as well as exporting the displayed appointments (PDF, Excel, iCal). Both bookmarking and registering to participate in appointments adds these appointments to your personal calendar.
The selection area (4) offers you options to further filter the displayed appointments by search terms, the scope of the search, the date and number of items. Clicking 'Filters' opens up a further area with more filters for event category & group, room, and more.
The column Appointment shows you the name of the event and further appointment related information. Clicking on the event name (11) opens a page displaying detailed information about the appointment as well as all future appointments of the event within the term.
The column status shows you information relevant to registration. In this context the following icons may be used:
- This appointment is bookmarked / a part of your personal calendar (My Appointments).
- You are registered for in-person participation for this appointment.
- Registration for this appointment is closed.
- Registration for this appointment is ongoing (registration possible).
- Registration is suspended because the maximum number of registrants has been reached. Should other participants remove their registration, further registrations for the appointment will be permitted.
shows that the registration has not get begun. The date immediately following is the date upon which registration will start.
The above screenshot shows some of the possilbe status displays:
- (5) This in-person appointment is no longer accepting registrations (). Either the appointment has begun or has already completed.
- (6) This in-person appointment has been bookmarked to your personal calendar (). Its registration is ongoing (). There are 17 persons () registered of the 28 spaces availablen.
- (7) An online appointment has no registration on this site, as it takes place virtually and should a registration exist it would be conducted on a different platform (Moodle, Zoom etc.).
- (8) You have registered to participate in this appointment () and it is in your personal calendar (). Registration is still open and active (). 11 of a possible 15 participants () have registered.
- (9) Registration has been suspended () as the In dieser Präsenzveranstaltung ist die maximale Anzahl der möglichen Teilnehmer () 20 von 20 erreicht und die Möglichkeit zur Anmeldung ist pausiert . Melden sich ein oder mehrere Teilnehmer:innen vor Veranstaltungsbeginn von dem Termin ab, wird das Anmeldeverfahren automatisch wieder freigeschaltet () und Sie können sich wieder anmelden.
In the column Persons you find the persons who have been designated as being responsbile for the appointment. The column Event Groups shows abbreviations for the groups of students recommended to attend the appointment. In the last column Rooms you find the rooms in which the apppointment takes place.
To register to participate in-person mark the check boxes (11) of the appointments you would like to register for. Then in the select box for In-Person Participation click on the option Sign Up (12). Upon successful registration you are then registered () for in-person participation in the appointment and the appointment will also have been bookmarked to your personal schedule ()if it had not been previously.