Spectroscopy: UV/VIS, IR/Raman, fluorometry. Chromatography: HPLC, GC. Electrophoresis: Free-flow, SDS-PAGE, IEF, CE. Mass Spectrometry: MALDI-TOF, ESI, EI, quadrupoles, ion traps. Practical applications. Students will be able to describe the functions of analytical measuring devices, will understand physical measuring principles, assess and explain analytical methods, and competently select appropriate methods.
- Spectrophotometry: Design photometer, methods for measuring adsorption, enzyme measurements, kinetics;
- Fluorimetry and luminescence: Fluorophors, design fluorimeter, measuring fluorescence, examples;
- IR- and ramanspectroscopy: Basics, Design IR spectrometer, examples;
- Liquid chromatography (HPLC): Basics, Design of HPLC equipment, column technology, methods for detection, examples (mainly RP-HPLC);
- Elektrophoresis: Basics, Free-flow, SDS-PAGE, IEF, Capillary elpho, examples;
- Mass spektrometry: general principles, mass selection, Detectors: Sector field, MALDI, MS-MS, TOF, coupling techniques, proteom techniques;
- NMR spektroscopie; Introduction to NMR, basics of NMR spectrometer equipment; chemical shift, 1H, 13C, 15N-NMR, examples;
- Miniaturization: DNA-, RNA-, protein chips, Lab-on-a-chip, nanotechnology.
Lecture 3 SWS, Exercises 1 SWS
Examination prerequisite: Acceptance of exercises, presentation of results
Examination: Written exam
- Lottspeich & Engels: Bioanalytik, Springer-Spektrum-Verlag
- Skoog & Leary: Instrumentelle Analytik, Springer