This lecture provides mathematical, physical, and information-theoretical fundamentals of perception-media and practices their applications.
The students know the mathematical, physical, and information-theoretical fundamentals to handle perception media, mainly embedded in internet based systems. They could apply their theoretical fundamentals on content management systems.
- Terminology: motivation, limitation, definitions
- Perception media: text, image, graphic, video, animation, audio
- Dealing with media: record, code, decode, present
- Media as content: creation, transmission, administration
- Content Management Systems: functions, administration, extention
Duration in Semester
6 CrP; an estimated 180 hours, of which approximately 60 are spent in class.
Weekly School Hours
Method of Instruction
Lecture 2 sppw Exercises 2 sppw
Requirements for the awarding of Credit Points
Written or oral exam (The form of the examination will be announced to the students in a timely and appropriate manner)
according to examination regulations (§ 9)
- R. Steinmetz, K. Nahrstedt: Multimedia Systems Springer
- R. Steinmetz, K. Nahrstedt: Multimedia Applications Springer