Product Lifecycle Management System
Students have in-depth knowledge of product data management (PDM). They know the underlying management concepts and understand the need for an integrated and cross-departmental business processes along the value chain.
In particular, students will be able to
- PLM as a management concept for holistic and enterprise-wide management and control of all product-related processes and data.
- Software systems for product data management (PDM)
- Phases in the life cycle of products - from development and production to sales and service through to dismantling and recycling.
- Managing holistic product information
Consistent description of the business processes in the product life cycle
- PLM to support business processes
- Contemporary technologies and tools
Seminaristischer Unterricht 2 SWS
Prüfungsleistung: Elaboration and presentation on a scientific question
- Eigner, Martin; Stelzer, Ralph: Product Lifecycle Management: Ein Leitfaden für Product Development und Life Cycle Management, Springer-Verlag
- Ulrich; Wawer, Volker: Von PDM zu PLM: Prozessoptimierung durch Integration, Carl Hanser Verlag
- Feldhusen, Jörg; Gebhardt, Boris: Product Lifecycle Management für die Praxis: Ein Leitfaden zur modularen Einführung, Umsetzung und Anwendung,Springer-Verlag