Fundamentals of Computer Science
This lecture imparts fundamentals of theoretical computer science: information theory, information presentation/-structure, algorithm theory and their application on computational systems.
The students have fundamental understanding of areas, structures and methodologies in computer science. Basic terms and areas of computer science Information and codes, storage of information Numbers and characters.
Data structures (also: Pointers), structures and operations, realization in programming languages Elenents of algorithms Computer architectures for processing of algorithms.
- Basic terms and areas of computer science
- Information and codes, storage of information
- Numbers and characters
- Data structures (also: Pointers), structures and operations, realization in programming languages
- Elements of algorithms
- Computer architectures for processing of algorithms
Lecture 3 SWS, exercises 1 SWS
Examination prerequisite: 2 certified written exercises, Exam: Written exam
- H. Lyre: Informationstheorie UTB
- H.P.Gumm, M.Sommer: Einführung in die Informatik OldenbourgVerlag
- Bioinformatics (B.Sc. 2012)
- Computer Science (B.Sc. 2010)
- Engineering Informatics (B.Sc. 2010)