Globalization and its impact on consumers and marketing; international marketing strategies and marketing mix
Students shall understand the complex challenges and fundamental concepts of international marketing. The shall learn to analyze the environmental situation, gain a comprehensive overview regarding International Marketing strategies and options regarding market form and entry and shall be able to design an international Marketing Mix with special regards to the question of standardization vs. adaptation.
- Global marketing environment & preconditions for going international
- Goals and the role of international marketing management
- Internationalization strategies and their implementation (franchising, joint venture etc.)
- Timing strategies of market entry
- Standardization vs differentiation of marketing mix
- Marketing mix challenges due to internationalization (pricing & grey markets; culture specific communication, distribution system etc)
- Global branding
- TL1 exam subject (70%)
- TL2 case presentation (30%)
- Kotler, P/Keller, K.L.: Marketing Management, 14th edition, Prentice Hall 2011.
- Hollensen, S.: Global Marketing, 6th edition, Prentice Hall 2013.
- Berndt, R./Fantapié Altobelli, C./Sander, M.: Internationales Marketing-Management, Berlin 2005.
- Keegan, W.J.K/Green, M.C.: Global Marketing, 8th edition, Prentice Hall 2014.