Prep Course Writing Papers with the Office Product Suite
You must be log in at the bottom of the page before you can register for a course. If you do not yet have an account, you must register for one.
The use of computers and and important applications has become common knowledge and is correspondingly seen as a requirement in every degree program. Many students do, in fact, possess a passing knowledge, but still have difficulty in conceptualizing, organizing and entering contents into these same computers and applications. This leads to a disproportionately large investment in time and effort in the creation of contents, and in turn to results which cannot be used for the purpose for which they were writtten.
This course conveys in depth knowledge of scholastically relevant methods of working with Office Products and Computers in general, via theoretical introductory lectures and practical exercises on the THM's computers.
- This course takes place at Campus Friedberg daily between 9 am and 4 pm (with breaks).
- Course fees are 50€ (per course).
- Course fees must be paid in cash at the beginning of the course.
- Other payment methods (EC-Cards, credit cards, checks, wire transfers, …) cannot be accepted for organizational reasons.
- As a reciept, course participants will be given an identification badge and course materials. This badge should be carried on their person for the remainder of the course.
- The course groups and their respective rooms will be determined on the first day of the course or in the week before the course begins.
- Should the determination of groups/rooms be decided before the course starts, participants will be notified of the changes per email.
- The gorups are formed according to the students' departments and degree programs.
- Independent of the campus where you will be studying, you may take part in any/all preparatory courses of the Friedberg or Gießen Campuses. However only one course may be taken per week.
- Participation in the course requires that you register for the course on this webpage, as a consequence of this, and in order to send notification emails, registration to this site is also required.
- Deadline for registration is a week before the start of the course. Ensure your place by registering early!
Example Problems with Computers and Applications
Should you have experienced these or similar problems, this course should be of help to you.
- You write reports and papers on your PC with a word processing program, but are unaware of what format templates are and have problems creating a table of contents.
- Your table calculations are written in a style that would also work well on a calculator, as a consequence your functions stop working when they are copied.
- You use your presentation tool primarily as box of paints which can also create texts.
- Your hard drive is full of backup copies, but after your computer crashes you cannot get it to restart.
Contact & Information
Hans Christian Arlt
Central Studenr Counseling - Friedberg
06031 / 604-7777
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Central Studenr Counseling - Gießen
0641 / 309-7777
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Data Privacy Statement
Personal data is only used for the organization of the preparatory courses themselves and is not given to any third party entities. The data is stored on secured servers.