Prep Course Programming
You must be logged in before you can register for a course. If you do not yet have an account, you must register for one.
The course offers an introduction to programmin in Java and is directed at students, which possess little to no experience in programming and have registered for a degree program in which the ability to program is of relevance.
We instruct you in the use of computers and show how simple programs are created and brought to execution. This course emphasizes algorithmic thinking as is necessary for programming and training in practical skills for efficient computer use. In the context of the course, learned skills can be put directly into practice on the university's own computers, however, if possible, please bring your own laptop with.
- This course takes place at Campus Gießen daily between 9 am and 4 pm (with breaks).
- Course fees are 50€ (per course).
- Course fees must be paid in cash at the beginning of the course.
- Other payment methods (EC-Cards, credit cards, checks, wire transfers, …) cannot be accepted for organizational reasons.
- As a reciept, course participants will be given an identification badge and course materials. This badge should be carried on their person for the remainder of the course.
- The course groups and their respective rooms will be determined on the first day of the course or in the week before the course begins.
- Should the determination of groups/rooms be decided before the course starts, participants will be notified of the changes per email.
- The gorups are formed according to the students' departments and degree programs.
- Independent of the campus where you will be studying, you may take part in any/all preparatory courses of the Friedberg or Gießen Campuses. However only one course may be taken per week.
- Participation in the course requires that you register for the course on this webpage, as a consequence of this, and in order to send notification emails, registration to this site is also required.
- Deadline for registration is a week before the start of the course. Ensure your place by registering early!
If you are unsure if you should participate in the course, we offer placement tests.
- Register at "Moodle for external Participants": https://moodle-ext.thm.de.
- Creat a user via: "Weitere Nutzer/innen" / "Neuen Zugang anlegen".
- Then use the following link and log in using the authentication data for the user you just created:
- The guest key for the test is: "vortest".
- For further questions about Moodle write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information for Preparatory Course Programming
0641 / 309-2394
0641 / 309-2459
General Contact Information for Preparatory Courses
Hans Christian Arlt
Central Studenr Counseling - Friedberg
06031 / 604-7777
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Central Studenr Counseling - Gießen
0641 / 309-7777
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Data Privacy Statement
Personal data is only used for the organization of the preparatory courses themselves and is not given to any third party entities. The data is stored on secured servers. After the completion of the preparatory course, personal data is deleted.