Forums & Conferences
An event organized by the civil engineering department of the Technical University of Central Hesse, Deutsche Bahn and the cooperation partners RIB, Autodesk and Leica Geosystems.
As in previous years, new developments in the construction industry will be addressed as part of the specialist seminar.
The Further training seminar addresses employees of engineering and architectural offices, companies, administrations and test centers who deal with topics of civil engineering or architecture.
SOLID CONSTRUCTION compact seminar
The compact seminar will be Department of Civil Engineering of the Technical University of Central Hesse, represented by Prof. Dr. -Ing. Jens Minnert, aligned. Important trends and innovations in civil engineering will be addressed as part of the seminar.
Center for Cooperative Teaching and Learning (ZekoLL)
IWW department, e-learning advice and workshops
Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen ( THM ) University of Applied Sciences
Telephone: +49 641 3090
Fax: +49 641 3092901
The Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen is a legal entity under public law and at the same time a state institution according to § 1 (1) HHG (Hessian Higher Education Act of December 14, 2009, GVBl. I, p. 666). It is legally represented by the President Prof. Dr. Gunther Grabatin.
Sales tax identification number according to § 27 a sales tax law: DE 813885934
Hessian Ministry for Science and Art
Rheinstrasse 23 - 25
Responsible for content according to § 55 Abs. 2 RStV:
responsibility for the content and decides on the admissibility of data in cases of doubt.
Responsible for the YouTube offer of the Center for Cooperative Teaching and Learning (ZekoLL), IWW, E-Learning Advice and Workshops, of the Technical University of Central Hesse is editorially responsible according to § 55 RStV:
Internal scientific professional development - academic personnel development
The THM promotes and demands the didactic and technical professional development of its teachers and has this claim in the principles of good teaching formulated, which were passed by the Senate in 2008. The university didactics of the THM is a "permanent task in the area of teaching and learning: IWW/academic personnel development" in the center for cooperative teaching and learning ( ZekoLL) structurally anchored.
The offer includes university didactic workshops, university didactic coaching, tutor qualification, mentorship and E-learning. Other offers in the area of internal scientific professional development address in particular topics from the areas of academic personnel development, university development and university management as well as quality development in the context of studies and teaching. In addition, target group-specific needs within the framework of internal scientific professional development addressed.
In the teaching and learning workshop ZekoLL all teachers, departments and "central tasks" can implement their own projects for the further development of their teaching and learning concepts with internal and external support.
You will find a selection of conferences and other events in the field of university didactics here.
professional development s degree courses
In addition to the face-to-face Degree Courses , the THM also offers working people the opportunity to continue their academic education.
In the distance learning center in Friedberg, part-time master's and certificate degrees can be obtained.
The Zentrum Duales Hochschulstudium (ZDH) in Wetzlar is the provider of dual Degree Courses and professional development s offered as part of StudiumPlus . Here you will find professional development s degree courses (Bachelor/Master), professional development s modules and certificate courses.
The THM Business School of the Department of Economics in Gießen offers a part-time MBA course in English.
Internal professional development for mentors
As mentors, teachers and students support the self-management of students and thus improve their ability to study. As part of the BMBF project "Class in the crowd - The way of THM " (KIM) a mentoring system is being developed which, by increasing the quality and intensity of support throughout the entire period of study up to the transition to working life, is intended to promote satisfaction with the studies and thus reduce dropouts and changes in studies.
The mentoring programmes that are implemented in the individual departments can be IWW be supported within the framework of training courses and the support of concept developments.
Internal professional development for tutors
Student tutors can receive further training in university didactics free of charge in order to improve their teaching. The didactic and methodical knowledge that is imparted ensures that tutorials are planned and carried out, which promote active learning among the students. That Tutor qualification programme “Learn to teach – learn to lead” consists of a basic and several advanced qualifications that can be attended independently of each other. Further information on the events as well as dates and registration options can be found here here.
Please note: For tutors who are interested in the project "Class in the crowd" (KiM) are financed, participation in the tutor programme is contractually binding. We have created various options for you so that you can put together a qualification programme that is right for you: Please select as KiM tutor from the following three variants the right offer for you:
1) Participation in 1x basic qualification + 1x advanced qualification 6.5 hours or
2) Participation in 1x basic qualification + 1x advanced qualification 4.5 hours + 1x reflection meeting or
3) Participation in 1x basic qualification + 2x sitting in on the tutorial (request and registration by e-mail) + 1x reflection meeting
In addition to attending the individual qualification courses, tutors receive support during the semester in the form of a process support offered, e.g. through job shadowing and/or reflection meetings.
Internal professional development for employees
Employees who are not addressed by the offers for teachers or managers can find professional development events here, which they can attend free of charge:
- The "Working Group for Scientific professional development of Hessian Universities of Applied Sciences" (AGWW) offers all employees an annual professional development programme, which, among other topics, also includes the areas of social skills, methodological skills and university development. The target groups addressed are indicated in the seminar descriptions. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact IWW.
- That Personnel development department regularly offers in-house workshops and seminars for THM employees on various topics. Here you can go directly to the currently offered Calendar of events Sign in.
- The Central Further education of the Hessian state administration offers an annual Further education programme for both executives and non-executive employees. More information can be found on the pages of Personnel development department.
Internal professional development for executives
professional development workshops
- For executives in the state of Hesse, the Central Further education of the Hessian state administration an annual Further education programme. If you are interested, please speak up Personnel development department because it provides you with administrative support.
- The "Working Group for Scientific professional development of Hessian Universities of Applied Sciences" (AGWW) offers all employees an annual professional development programme that also includes leadership skills. The workshops marked accordingly are accredited by HMdIS and are recognized as Further education within the framework of the Further education concept. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact IWW.
- This is complementary to these programmes Personnel development department for managers and administrative staff In-house offers such as workshops and seminars, also on management issues. If necessary, individual coaching offers and support for team building projects are also provided. Furthermore, the Personnel Development department advises executives on the sensible application of various human resource development tools, such as B. the annual meeting. Also contact us if you are interested in external Further and professional development offers.
Managers of the departments can take advantage of individual advice and external coaching provided by IWW can be designed and organized.
Internal scientific professional development for teachers
Professors, academic staff and teachers for special tasks and lecturers at the THM can take advantage of a comprehensive range of professional development s, advice and services free of charge:
Regular university Further education programmes are within the framework of two cooperations and internally by the Internal scientific professional development - university didactics and e-learning (IWW) offered:
- The "Working Group for Scientific professional development of Hessian Universities of Applied Sciences" (AGWW) offers all employees a professional development programme which, among other topics, also includes the area of university didactics. Newly appointed professors find helpful support in the "University didactic introductory week" when starting their teaching career.
- The "Higher Education Network Central Hesse" (hdm) enables all teachers at the three Central Hessian universities to participate in a purely university didactic professional development programme. The certificate is used as proof of the acquired qualification "Competence for professional university teaching" offered.
- Complementary to these cooperation programmes, IWW offers as required university-internal further education and short workshops for THM teachers.
Lecturers at IWW receive university didactic advice in particular from the university didactic coaching. Lecturers are individually supported in the conception, implementation and reflection of courses and examinations in the sense of student-centred teaching and learning ("shift from teaching to learning"). Depending on the concerns of the lecturers, feedback on their own teaching activities can be given as part of a teaching visit (on request with video feedback), support with the conception and introduction of new teaching concepts and examination formats in practice or advice on the implementation of e-learning applications in teaching.
Personnel development department
Quick access to our internal events
The department for personnel development primarily supports the administrative-technical, non-academic employees of the university in acquiring and maintaining professional qualifications and motivation. We plan and organize according to needs and target groups internal events. If you do not find the Further education you are looking for in the current offer, you are welcome to do so Form with suggestions for your personal professional development needs.
Personnel Development will also be happy to advise you on the selection of suitable candidates external Further educational measures. These should be coordinated with your manager to match your development ideas (e.g. as part of an annual appraisal).
The executives are according to the " Further education concept 2018 for the Hessian state administration" Committed to regular management training of 10 days within 5 years. In addition, necessary professional Further training should be carried out.