How do I start my degree course at the Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen?

To facilitate your start at THM, please ensure that you complete the following:

  • Nomination:
    To spend an exchange semester at THM, you must be nominated by your home institution (mobility-coordinator). The International Office at your home institution sends your nomination to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., giving your surname, first name, e-mail address and preferred university department and semester at THM.

  • Application documents
    Please complete the following documents:
    Application form
    - Erasmus ECTS Learning Agreement (LA) (if required):
    L.A. .pdf
      L.A. .word
    - Transcript of Records (ToR)
    - Grading system .pdf
    - Department Erasmus Coordinators .pdf

  • Application deadlines
    The application deadline for the autumn semester is: 1 July
    The application deadline for the spring semester is: 15 December

  • Address:
    Please send all completed documents, fully signed by your home institution, to:

    THM Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences
    International Office
    Wiesenstrasse 14
    35390 Giessen (Germany)

  • Admission:
    You will receive a letter of acceptance by the end of July or the beginning of August (for the autumn semester) and by the end of January or the middle of February (for the spring semester).

  • Accommodation:
    If you apply early enough, you will be guaranteed a room in a hall of residence belonging to the Giessen Student Services Organization (Studentenwerk Giessen).

  • Language of instruction:
    The language of instruction for most courses and modules at THM is German. We recommend that you prepare by taking an intensive German langauge course. You can find more information at International Summer Course and International Spring Course.

    THM modules & programmes in English: THM offers a variety of modules, exchange programmes and degree courses held in English to international students and students from our international partner institutions. Round off your academic programme with German language courses. Our offers apply to certain departments. Please check our current listings at

  • Visa:
    Please make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country well in advance. You can find more Information at our Residence Status page.

  • Student information sheet
    For detailed information about your exchange semester, please read our InfoSheet.pdf

Semester dates

2017/18 autumn semester:
Start of lectures: 9 October 2017
End of lectures: 26 January 2018
Exam period: 29 January - 8 Febuary 2018

2018 spring semester:
Start of lectures: 4 April 2018
End of lectures: 6 July 2018
Exam period: 9-13 July 2018

For the latest scheduling information go to our semester & lecture timetables.