Postgraduate Courses

Beginning in the 2019 spring semester, international students who want to study a postgraduate course at THM and have earned an undergraduate degree abroad must also apply via the uni-assist online portal.

Further information is provided in the following two links:

Uni-assist online portal

Information on minimum German-language requirements when applying for and enrolling in a programme

To enrol in a THM postgraduate course taught in German, you must pass a language proficiency test, called the “Deutsche Sprachprüfung zum Hochschulzugang" and abbreviated DSH (German Language Test for Admission to University). Before enrolling in a degree course at THM, you must score a minimum of 2 (DSH-2). It is  not possible to enrol in a course at THM with a 1 (DSH-1).
You do not need to sit the DSH if you can provide one of the following certificates:

  • Deutsches Sprachdiplom der KMK (KMK's German language proficiency certificate) – Level II
  • TestDaF (TDN 4 – Test of German as a Foreign Language) with at least 4 points in each area
  • “Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom” (lower level proficiency) or “Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom” (Goethe C2 certificate) from the Goethe-Institut
  • Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (advanced level examination) from the Goethe-Institut
  • "TELC C1 Hochschule" examination

Click here to find out about our postgraduate courses taught in German.