Which applications are initially checked by uni-assist?
Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen has all application documents checked for any international students who have obtained their qualifications abroad, such as school-leaving certificates or qualifications granting them eligibility for higher education.
What documents must be submitted with the application?
Official copies and translations (prepared by a certified translator) of the following documents must be submitted with the application:
- Proof of foreign university entrance qualifications (school-leaving certificate, e.g. A-levels, high school diploma, baccalaureat, Gaocao, etc.)
- Transcript(s) (for your high school diploma, final examination, last school year)
- University records (university entrance examination, enrolment certificate, transcript(s), diploma) indicating the specialty or degree course
- Proof of German language proficiency
- Photocopy of your passport/proof of residence
Payment and transfer of fees
Uni-assist generally charges €75 to check an application for a single course of study. Applicants who want to apply to more than one uni-assist member university or another course of study must pay an additional €30 for each additional desired course of study.
Cost exemption for refugee applicants
As of 1 April 2016, refugees can submit a request to have the uni-assist process conducted free of charge. To qualify the following two requirements must be met:
1. You must provide proof of your residential status as a registered refugee. A copy of your residential document is sufficient.
2. You must have a certificate of consultation obtained from THM if you want to study at THM and have personally attended a consultation session for applicants at THM. Alternatively, you can sit the TestAS admissions test and include the result as part of your application.
You can find further information at the uni-assist website: uni-assist for refugees
Uni-assist help - office hours
Do you have any further questions or do you need help in preparing your application? If so, just come by and talk to us during our office hours:
Office hours at the Giessen campus: Building A10, Room 1.15, Tues. 3 - 4 p.m.
Please complete the application form for admission to your desired degree course and all other uni-assist forms correctly and enclose all necessary documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed by uni-assist.
If your documents meet all formal application requirements, uni-assist will inform THM and forward your documents to us. THM will then inform you whether you have been accepted to study at THM by sending you an admission confirmation or rejection.
If your documents do not meet the formal application requirements, you will be informed by uni-assist and your documents will remain with uni-assist.
Should you have any further questions relating to the application process or require additional information, please visit the following website:
To meet all requirements before the application deadline, it is crucial that uni-assist receives all documents and applicable fees.