Study at one of our non-European partner universities. Do you dare to go to Cuba or the USA, to Chile or Ukraine, or would you rather go to Tunisia? Also take note of the offers from Hesse's state partnerships in the USA and Australia.
Advantages of THM .worldwide (at partner institutions)
- Waiver/ reduction of tuition fees at partner universities
- (automatic) academic recognition of study achievements abroad
- Simplified application procedures at the partner universities
- organizational support during preparation
- Intercultural preparation
- good support during the stay abroad
Who can apply?
All students of the THM
The following should be noted:
- The target university is a partner university of the THM (otherwise apply as a free mover).
- You have studied at least 1, preferably 3 semesters at the THM . Approval of the department for the application abroad
- You have the language skills required by the partner university
- Your motivation for the destination country/university is clearly described in the Letter of Motivation.
- You can prove that you have taken part in an intercultural training/module and/or the International Buddy Programmeme.
As your application progresses, clarify whether, which and how your achievements acquired abroad can and should be recognized. The contact persons for this are the international representatives in your department.
International students at the THM must pay attention to the following when planning their stay abroad: The stay abroad may not exceed 6 months and you must ensure that your residence title is valid at least until your re-entry before leaving Germany!
What is the application procedure?
1. APPLY TO THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE OF THE THM
You apply via the SoleMove online portal within the application deadlines.
The following application deadlines apply:
Deadline for a stay in autumn and spring semester: 20.01.
Deadline for a stay in spring semester: 15.06.
Documents required for application:
- Confirmation from the department regarding the application for a semester abroad
- current certificate of study THM current transcript of records THM (in English) l
- letter of motivation
- Corona notice for outgoings
- Language certificate in the language of instruction (only necessary if the host university requires this, check this independently on the respective website of the host university)
- Learning Agreement: fill in the desired modules that have been agreed upon with the international coordinator and a) sign it yourself b) have it signed by the international coordinator.
2. AFTER APPLYING TO THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE OF THE THM
- Nomination by the THM /International Office at the partner university
- Application directly to the partner university
- Send Letter of Acceptance & fully signed Learning Agreement to IO
3. PREPARATIONS AND STAY ABROAD
- If necessary, application for scholarships, eg PROMOS/ HAW.International scholarship and BAföG abroad
- Visa application, if necessary
- Clarify insurance coverage (health, liability, accident insurance)
- Departure from Germany
- Return & grade recognition in the department and
- Reporting to the International Office (travel report via SoleMove)
Instructions for application portal
- Open SoleMove into your browser
- Choose Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences [ THM ] from the drop-down menu.
3.Choose THM as login method and click Log in.
4. Login with your THM creditentials.
5.Click on Application form for outgoing student mobility on the leftside.
6.Click on +New
7th As Mobility type choose
- S - for study
- P - for internships
- or C - for a combination of study and internship
8. Choose the term and programme for which you want to apply under Application period.
9. Fill out the personal data tab
- Home institution = department
- Departmental Coordinator = departmental study abroad coordinator at the THM
10. In the Exchange study information tab choose Add new institution/enterprise to add a university you want to apply to. After hitting save you can add further universities and move them around to change their priority.
11. Add information about your current studies in the Current Studies-tab.
- Number of credits completed so far* = number of completed terms of your current studies.
12. Upload all required documents in the enclosures tab.
13. Once you have added all required information and uploaded the documents you can send your application in the Check and send application tab by hitting Send application.