The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides German universities with funds for the award and makes the selection of the award winners the responsibility of the universities. For the THM, the DAAD Prize is the most important honor awarded to foreign students. For the award recipients, this prize means recognition of their academic achievements by one of the most renowned scholarship organizations in the Federal Republic of Germany.
The DAAD prize, which is endowed with €1,000 per university and has been awarded for more than ten years, is intended to help put faces to the large number of foreign students at German universities and connect them with stories. The students who have received such an award through their respective university stand for their fellow students from all over the world. They are future partners for Germany in business, politics and science.
Having been a DAAD award winner can make it easier to start a career. As a member of the DAAD ALUMNI community, you have access to a network that can be used for various purposes.
This award honors students with special academic achievements and remarkable social - especially intercultural - commitment. The DAAD Prize is not a research award.
Who can apply or be nominated?
- Foreign nationality
- Foreign university entrance qualifications
- Special academic achievement
- Noteworthy voluntary social involvement or commitment (as in associations, cultural organisations, in the social sector, at a university of applied sciences, etc.)
Third-year students or students at an advanced stage of their bachelor's degree (at least in their second year) or completing their master’s degree (at least 2nd semester), and recent graduates (must still be resident in Germany with exams taken no longer than 3 months prior) can apply.
What documents must be submitted?
- Detailed covering letter providing information about social commitment and progress in the degree course
- Curriculum vitae (with a photograph)
- Current academic transcript
- Positive letter of recommendation from a university lecturer
- Proof of social commitment (e.g. certificates or recommendation letters)
Application deadline: July, 31st 2022