Am I an oldie or a newcomer?
- International students (up to 3rd Semester)
- Exchange students
- Pre-Study participants
- Visiting students of the THM
- Students of the preparatory course Studienkolleg
- German course participants
- All undergraduate students (from the 2nd semester and upwards)
- All graduate students (from the 1st semester and upwards)
- THM staff
How much time do I have to invest in the programme?
The amount of time you spend with programme activities is entirely up to you. We would recommend meeting up with your buddy once a week. Participation in IBP events is voluntary.
To obtain a certificate confirming your participation, there are certain requirements that have to be met in the course of the semester. You can more information at Certificate of Participation & Optional Module.
When will a buddy be assigned to me?
After you have signed up for the International Buddy Programme, we will start looking for a suitable buddy for you. This can take between two and three weeks. As soon as we have found a buddy for you, we will send you an e-mail with the relevant contact data. Please be patient; we'll contact you as soon as we can.
Can I find a buddy on my own?
Yes, you can also find a buddy on your own. If you find a suitable buddy during an event, just let us know. We'll then register you both as an official buddy team.
My buddy hasn't contacted me yet. What do I do?
Can I have my participation recognized as social commitment experience?
Yes, after taking an active part in the programme you will receive a certificate confirming your participation. This can then be used for your semester abroad, your next job application or to document your intercultural experience and social commitment at the university.
The requirements for obtaining a certificate are provided in Certificate of Participation & Optional Module.
Can I get ECTS for my participation?
In combination with the optional module, "International Buddy Programme - Intercultural Competence and Encounters“, you can earn 3 ECTS in connection with the International Buddy Programme. Participation alone in the International Buddy Programme, does not earn you ECTS; only in combination with the module.
Further information can be found under Certificate of Participation & Optional Module.
EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
Do I have to pay for the events?
IBP events are free of charge for all participants.
All participants pay for their own food and drinks.
How can I sign up for an event?
There is a registration deadline for each event. Unfortunately, the number of places for some events is limited and they are given on a "first come, first serve" basis.
How can I cancel my participation in an event?
Are there any rules for the event I have to follow?
- Obligation and reliability: Sign up for events on time. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are not able to attend so that we can give your place to someone else who may be on a waiting list
- The personal boudries of all participants must be respected
- The programme is an intercultural get-together; discrimination, e.g. racism, will not be tolerated