Aim of the audit family-friendly university®
- Initiate and support a process to improve family-friendly personnel policies and family-friendly study conditions.
- Creating a workable balance between university interests and staff and student concerns.
A multifunctional instrument
- Management tool for the continuous improvement of a family-friendly personnel policy and family-friendly study conditions.
- Adaptable to all university and technical college sizes and types.
- Comprehensive catalog of criteria for implemented measures.
- Measures systematized according to eight fields of action.
- From 2018: programme of action adapted to the university (dialogue process)
Benefit of the audit
- fulfill the statutory mandate for equality.
- Improve competitiveness and university image.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of family-friendly personnel policy and family-friendly study conditions.
- Network existing family-friendly measures and offers and provide impetus for new action strategies and measures.
- Increase the motivation of employees and students.
- Attract particularly qualified employees from research and teaching.
- Create greater equality of opportunity between employees or students with and without family responsibilities.
- Reduce study duration and dropout rate for family reasons.
- First certification in 2005 (basic certificate)
- 2008 (reaudit)
- 2011 (consolidation phase)
- 2014 (backup phase)
- 2017 (dialogue procedure)
- 2020 (dialogue day in October)
Next dialogue day in 2023.