For which sport disciplines are championships held?

Every semester you can find out which national and international championship events are planned by consulting the competitive sport pages of the Allgemeiner Deutscher Hochschulsportverband (General German University Sport Association).

Where do I sign up to take part in a championship event?

You can only sign up for national and international university championship events at the offices of THM Sport in Giessen or Friedberg. For your registration we require your personal data, which we would like to ask you to send before you come to our office. The documents needed can be downloaded here: Wettkampfvereinbarung (Competitive Sport Agreement) l Wettkampfanmeldung (Competitive Sport Registration).

Can I still take part in a championship if I belong to university staff?

Yes, as long as you are a full-time employee.

What do DHM, DHP  and adh-Open mean?

DHM stands for "Deutsche Hochschulmeisterschaft" (German University Sport Championship). For these events, all universities compete against each other. However, cities can send joined teams to competitions, too. TH Mittelhesen and JLU in Giessen for instance send one team to many championship events.

DHP stands for Deutscher Hochschulpokal (German University Cup) and is especially for small universities with up to 10,000 students as well as universities of applied sciences (polytechnics). Since 2011 the adh has been holding events every year in the following major sports disciplines: basketball, football, Olympic handball and volleyball.

adh-Open: The adh-Open is a national competition for sports disciplines that are not part of the adh sponsored events and can thus not be aligned with the German University championships.

adh-Trophy: Do you feel like taking part in unconventional competitions involving special sports disciplines? Since many university sport offerings include fun and trend sports, the adh also holds the corresponding competitions.

International: Every year the adh sends around 500 student athletes to international competitions, European University Championships (EUC), World University Championships (WUC) and Universiades.

If you have any further questions, just write us an email or call us and we'd be happy to help.