Welcome to the Master Digital and International Marketing!
Are you looking for a marketing degree that combines the megatrends of digitalization and globalization? Then the Master Digital and International Marketing is just right for you!
Social media, smartphones and new technologies have dramatically changed our information, communication and ultimately consumer behavior. Due to globalization, companies today also face dynamic international competition.
Learn how to meet these trends and challenges with modern marketing approaches and the right tools in our Marketing Master.
Subscribe to our newsletter to not miss any information about the application process and study start:
Online Info Sessions about the Program and the Application Procedure:
- Thursday, April 25, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 22, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 19, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday,August 22, 6 to 7 p.m.
Zoom-Link for all info sessions: https://thm-de.zoom-x.de/j/61141245050?pwd=YTNrbmFVTVVFTEFkZzNJY2dEU05Ydz09
If you have any questions or would like individual advice, please contact the course coordinator, Ms. Feierabend::
To get a quick overview of the program, we prepared a video for you with the most important information:
Six good reasons for the Master Digital and International Marketing:
- Application-oriented teaching of digital marketing strategies and tools
- Study in English and German
- Flexible study through choice of major and digital learning elements
- High practical orientation through projects and case studies
- Optional double degree with Napier University in Edinburgh
- Study in a personal atmosphere in a real student city
Application, & Fees
In the Master Digital and International Marketing you will learn how companies ...
- best reach their target groups through tailored content and suitable channels,
- make optimal use of digital technologies and platforms,
- successfully work international markets,
- use marketing, market research and analysis tools in a target-oriented manner and
- how cultural differences affect effective brand management, sales and communication.
After a first joint bilingual semester, which covers central contents of international and digital marketing as well as market research and strategic management, you can choose between two specializations in the 2nd semester. All modules in the International Marketing major are taught in English; in the Digital Marketing major, German-language modules predominate in the 2nd semester.
The Master's thesis usually follows in the 3rd semester. If you have only studied six semesters in your Bachelor's degree, you need to first complete a semester abroad, a practical phase or additional modules and then write your thesis in the 4th semester. All other students also have this option on a voluntary basis.
|MODULES (all students)
|Digitales Marketing (Digital Marketing)
|Internationales Marketing (International Marketing)
|Statistische Analyse von Konsumenten- und Nutzerdaten (Statistics for Consumer and User Research)
|Internationale Marketingforschung (International Marketing Research)
|Strategisches Management (Strategic Management)
Real Marketing Projects with Outstanding Partners
In modules such as International Marketing Research or Social Media/Digital Marketing, our students work on extensive real-life projects in cooperation with great companies. In the past our students have successfully worked on projects with IKEA, Volksbank Mittelhessen, Hornbach, Lego, and many more.
With the master's degree, you can pursue a career in a variety of functions and industries. Our graduates often work
- in digital marketing (e.g. as digital marketing or social media manager),
- in product and brand management (e.g. as brand manager),
- in sales and business development (e.g. as a key account manager),
- at internationally active companies (e.g. Cosnova, Ferrero, Fresenius, Samsung),
- in e-commerce or for online and social media companies (e.g. mymuesli, TikTok, Westwing),
- in marketing, advertising and media agencies (e.g. SYZYGY) and
- for software and technology providers (e.g. SAP).
Target Group, Application & Fees
The Marketing Master is just right for you if you...
- have a great deal of enthusiasm for marketing,
- have a first degree in business administration or a related course of study with a business administration component (at least 50 percent),
- would like to further improve your - already good - English skills,
- are interested in digital transformation and different cultures,
- are interested in a creative and at the same time analytical course of study with a lot of practical relevance, and
- enjoy project and team work - also in international teams.
Please note: You can already apply with your grade summary/transript of records before your official graduation! The bachelor certificate can be submitted later until September 30.
You can find more information about the application here. If you have any questions Rieke Feierabend will be happy to help you.
As a state university, we only charge a semester fee for domestic students as well as for all international students. For the coming winter term of 2023/2024, the semester fee is €291.55. With the semester fee, you will also automatically receive your semester ticket - a permanent ticket for the entire semester for all types of public transport throughout the state of Hesse. The costs for this are already included in the semester fee.
For foreign students: You will also have to pay a one-off application fee of €75.00 when you apply. Please also note the visa fees and the proof of sufficient financial resources required for your visa. Generally, you must be able to prove that you have at least €934,00 available per month (you must provide proof at the time you apply for your visa). For the first semester that would be a minimum of €5,604.00.
You can find more information on the website of the THM International Office: https://www.thm.de/site/international.html
Ms. Shila Monasterios will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the application process and the fees for international students:
Phone: +49 641 3091329
Semester Abroad and Internship
THM Business School is a member of a network of partner universities in Europe (e.g. UK, Denmark, France, Spain) and overseas (USA, Australia) and will do its best to provide you with an exciting study abroad experience. Our students also have the opportunity to earn a double degree at THM and Edinburgh Napier University.
You can find out more about studying abroad during your studies here. Our study abroad coordinator Heike Siebert will gladly assist you with questions about options, financing possibilities, organizational matters and other concerns. A list of our partner universities is avaibable here.
Instead of a semester abroad, you can also do an internship of at least four months. Further information on formalities (e.g. documents to be submitted and internship report) can be obtained from Frau Feierabend.
In your Master's thesis, you will work on current and practically relevant marketing and sales topics. The theses usually contain an empirical part and can be written in cooperation with a company. The high quality of the theses is also reflected in the fact that some work results have already been presented at international conferences (example 1: Markenaktivismus) or published in marketing journals (example 2: Influencer Marketing).
Current topics (in the "old" MSc. International Marketing) are e.g.
- Storytelling in social media
- Marketing in the metaverse
- Sustainable consumer behavior
- Diversity Marketing
- ... and much more!
You can find more information on the thesis and the thesis seminar in Moodle.
Introducing our Lecturers
You would like to know more about the people who are teaching this degree? You are welcomed to find out more through the following indtroduction videos of our friendly lecturer team.
Professor Dr. Juliane Staubach
Professor Dr. Staubach teaches the modules International Sales Management, International Marketing, as well as Digital Brand Management & Communicaton.
Lars (2. Semester, as of 2023): The contents of the program are throughout interesting, practical and truly useful. There is literally not one module I would consider useless or unnecessary. You really only learn the things relevant for becoming a successful digital and international marketing manager. You can easily tell that every single professor is not only extremely knowledgable but also very caring, friendly, and at all times approachable. This program gives you everything you need and I can only recommend it to anyone interested in the topic.
Vanessa (2. Semester, as of 2023): Studying the Master of Digital and International Marketing has been a truly remarkable experience. The program's emphasis on a diverse curriculum, international perspectives, and hands-on projects has exceeded my expectations. The modules, ranging from quantitative analysis to intercultural communication, prepare us perfectly for the challenges of the global business world. Engaging in eye-tracking technology, developing comprehensive social media campaigns for the Master's program, and conducting marketing research studies in cooperation with Volksbank Mittelhessen have provided invaluable insights and real-world experience. The focus on international marketing and cross-cultural consumer behaviour has been particularly fascinating, while the Marketing Simulation Game added an element of excitement and competitiveness. Overall, this program has equipped me with the skills and knowledge to thrive in the international marketing industry, and I am confident it will open doors to exciting career opportunities.
Lena (2. Semester, as of 2023): As the first semester progressed, I became more and more enthusiastic about the Master International Marketing. I have never experienced such a strong connection between theory and practice before. This is what makes the Master so special to me, because it gives you so many skills for your future career. The challenge of the English language turned out to be a great opportunity to consolidate my English and to be prepared to work in an international company. The whole environment of the Master's programme is very familiar, which I personally like very much.
- Application via E-Campus for applicants with a German degree of via Uni-Assist for applicants with an international degree
- THM Business School on Instagram, YouTube and Facebook
- Digital and International Marketing on Instagram
- Ratings on Studycheck and CHE-Ranking
- Moodle for information on individual modules, info service, etc.
- Information on semster abroad
- Current timetable
- Exam schedule and exam registration
- Link to Edinburgh Napier University